The big question all week has been whether rain will arrive early enough to impact the race, which is scheduled to end at 5:50 pm.
I'm sticking with my original forecast that called for the rain to hold off until after the race ends. There are still some differences in timing between the models, but the consensus points toward rain moving in to northwest Connecticut later in the evening. I think the window of time for rain to arrive is between 7 pm and 9 pm.
Here's another way to put it, in terms of percent chances of rain by the hour:
5 pm - 5%
6 pm - 10%
7 pm - 25%
8 pm - 40%
Bottom line, I am 90% confident that the race will be completed in dry conditions.