In previous forecasts, I mentioned an upper level disturbance that could bring some rain to the area starting Sunday evening. That disturbance appears to be arriving earlier than the models previously showed, so I have moved the timing back, possibly as early as Sunday morning.
There are a few caveats with this rain chance -
There are models that continue to show a dry day on Sunday, so that is certainly still a good possibility. I only have a 20% chance of rain, which means an 80% chance of dry conditions.
If there is any rain, it will only be very light and only a couple hundredths of an inch. That is why I have kept the Impact rating at None with a green flag. There may not be enough rain to require a change to rain tires, and certainly not enough to cause any delays to the race schedule.
Overall, the weather over the event still looks good to get out the to track, but you might want to bring a rain coat on Sunday if you want to completely avoid the rain drops.