By Doug Schneider
I wanted to get a quick update posted as there have been some changes to the forecast outlook today. Forecast confidence is increasing today as the models are in better agreement with Sunday's rain chances - or lack thereof. The high pressure ridge that will provide nice weather Friday and Saturday is looking strong enough now to delay the onset of rain. I'm confident that the TUDOR race in the early afternoon will be dry, and that the Prototypes Lites race at 3:30 will be dry as well. Any chance of rain will hold off until Sunday night or Monday. Therefore, I have taken out the chance of rain on Sunday. Friday and Saturday still look really nice, with abundant sunshine and mild temperatures. With more sunshine expected on Sunday, I've raised temperatures up to the mid 80s (upper 20s C). It should be a great weekend of racing at Mosport.
Doug Schneider and Scott Martin are race fans and meteorologists dedicated to providing accurate forecasts and timely weather updates at racing venues around the world. We forecast for IndyCar, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda, USF2000, IMSA, Pirelli World Challenge, World Endurance Championship, and Trans Am Series races, as well as major SCCA and NASA events.